Wetaskiwin 4H Achievement Day
Thursday, May 17, 2012
The Wetaskiwin District 4-H Beef Clubs held their Achievement Day on a sunny Monday. May 14, 2012. The Wetaskiwin District 4-H Beef Clubs Achievement Day has been held each year since 1932 and next year will be part of the national 4-H celebration of its 100th anniversary.
In total 42 4-H members from the Cloverlawn, Falun East, and Rosebrier 4-H Clubs participated in the one-day event.
Ken Stanley of Jubilee Feedlot of Westlock had the difficult job of judging Confirmation, Breanne VanGeerenstein judged Showmanship, while Colten Bowdie judged Grooming. Dave Pockrant performed the important role of Ring Master and the Master of Ceremonies was Paul Zimmerman.
The day began with the weigh in, followed by the 4-H Pledge and Parade.
Each District Club held their individual Achievement followed by the Interclub Championships.
In the Cloverlawn Club Cassidy Russell had Cloverlawn’s Champion Steer while Karli Russell took the Reserve Champion Steer.
The Falun East Club’s Champion Steer went to Rachel Shaw and the Reserve Champion went to her sister Kristen Shaw.
The Rosebrier Club Champion Steer was awarded to Emily Gusse and the Reserve Championship went to Jake Gusse.
Emily Gusse's calf won the Championship for the Rate of Gain and The Falun East Club won the Pen of Three.
The Winners in Showmanship were:
Seniors Champion: Laci Schmidt
Reserve: Brooke Gusse
Intermediate Champion: Emilee Graff
Reserve: Emily Gusse
Junior Champion: Jake Gusse
Reserve: Erik Mathieu
The Winners in Grooming were:
Seniors Champion: Laci Schmidt
Reserve: Karleigh Brown
Intermediate Champion: Kristen Shaw
Reserve: Rachel Shaw
Junior Champion: Kate Harink
Reserve: Ty Harink
The Grand Champion Steer was awarded to Rachel Shaw of the Falun East Club and the Reserve Champion went to Cassidy Russell of the Cloverlawn Club.
The Wetaskiwin District 4-H Beef Clubs from Cloverlawn, Falun East, and Rosebrier would like to thank all the buyers, sponsors, and all those who have donated their support and time to all the 4-H functions and making the Achievement Day a success.
- Comics — July 17, 2014
- Aquatic Invasive Species Program Helping Prevent Spreading Of Non-Native Species Into Alberta Submitted by the Office of The Honourable Diana McQueen, MLA The Alberta Government is working to stop the spread of invasive mussels into provincial waterways. Alberta’s water resources are important to our province’s long-term ...
- Catrol's LA1K A Week Away! Next week, the Castrol Raceway will put to good use the recently completed road course when they host the first LA1K race. This will be the first time this type of race will be held in Canada. The Northern Alberta Sports ...
- Heimdal Walk For Global Care Heimdal Community Church, located east and a little south of Leduc, held its 39th Walk-A-Thon for Global Care with 77 walkers participating. All of the $70,000 raised by the walkers, plus any additional donations so dedicated, ...
- Albertans Vote For New Provincial License Plate Alberta’s new licence plate will incorporate a new design and new features to help make roads safer. Albertans are invited to participate in an online survey to choose which of three proposed designs will be featured on the ...
- RCMP Musical Ride Coming To Leduc The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) will bring the Musical Ride to Amberlea Meadows on July 25th and 26th for Leduc and area residents. This will be the Ride’s second visit to Amberlea Meadows, as they demonstrated their ...
- New Fibre Optic Cables Set To Increase Internet Speed Throughout Wetaskiwin Beginning this summer, TELUS will be connecting more than 90 per cent of homes and businesses in Wetaskiwin directly to fibre optic cables. This build – which comes at no cost to the municipality or its residents – will bring ...
- Millet Man Gets Seven Years For Fraud Arnold Donszelmann has been sentenced to serve seven years in prison and has been ordered to repay over two million dollars in restitution for scamming dozens of customers who had believed they were investing in their future. ...
- Council Notes From All Over City of Wetaskiwin Wetaskiwin City Council invites the public to attend their regular meetings in Council Chambers (4705 - 50 Ave). The following are brief highlights of the City of Wetaskiwin meeting. For more detailed information, ...
- Ma-Me-O Beach Legion Branch Funds Local Reading Program Submitted by Patrick Miller Every summer the Lakedale and Area Community Library Society is involved in a reading program for the children at the Pigeon Lake Public Library in Ma-Me-O Beach Alberta. Royal Canadian Legion ...
- Edmonton International Raceway Roars To A NASCAR Success On Friday, July 11th, the Edmonton International Raceway located NW of Wetaskiwin was the scene of a great deal of bustle and excitement as thousands of people came to enjoy the inaugural 2014 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series ...
- Jazzy Week In Wetaskiwin Music was the focus for 12 youth (day session) and 8 adults (evening session for 16+) every day from July 6th to 11th at the Grace Lutheran Church in Wetaskiwin. The Church was the venue for the 6th annual Wetaskiwin Jazz ...