Leduc and Wetaskiwin - Prepare for Mayhem!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Vol 15, Issue 2, Leduc - Wetaskiwin Pipestone Flyer
Real Canadian Wrestling (RCW) has not been around for a few years, so Leduc is in for a treat as RCW bursts into 2011 with a little "New Year's Carnage" on Friday, January 28 at the Leduc Canadian Legion. Doors are open at 7:00, the bell rings at 7:45.
Those who love action sports better not miss this one. Seven power-packed matches featuring Real Canadian Wrestling's top stars including Steven Styles, Damion, and Heavy Metal are sure to have adrenaline flowing through the house, particularly when former partners Styles and Damion collide in an ex-friend-fuelled face off.
Wrestling fans will witness the CEW (Cutting Edge Wrestling) Intercities Title Match featuring WWE prospect "Hotshot" Danny Duggan, who just returned from a successful trip to Japan where he wrestled former WWE star Tajiri. Duggan will be involved in a fatal-4-way match for the CEW Intercities Title. The match will also showcase Bobby Sharp, Jack Stack, and current Champion Andrew Hawks.
The Canadian Carnage Rumble is the show's main event pitting Kevin Sane against Strife, both graduates of the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy, and a special attraction grudge match. The main event is an over the top rope battle Royal where the winner will recieve an RCW Canadian Title match at the next Leduc event
The Carnage Rumble will see rookie Kevin Sane demonstrating his skills in his third-ever professional match. Strife has been in the wrestling business for four years and has competed across the country.
First-Ever Cage/Ladder Event in Western Canada
The chaos continues the following night, Saturday, January 29, at the Wetaskiwin Civic Centre Drill Hall. For the first time in Western Canada, Real Canadian Wrestling will premiere as Main Event, the intense battle of the steel cage/ladder match.
The ring is enclosed in a fifteen foot high cage, with a ladder placed in the centre. The Prize Belt is hung from the top of the ladder as combat ensues to reveal which adversary will put the other down long enough to climb the ladder and retrieve the Belt.
Real Canadian Wrestling is a family owned wrestling promotion, says Wrestling promoter, Steven Ewaschuk, with the goal of providing family entertainment where parents can bring their children for an affordable evening of action and excitement.
"All wrestlers in RCW are clean drug-free athletes who are out to bring the best in entertainment to all the wrestling fans and bring professional wrestling back to mainstream media," said Ewaschuk.
Admission price for adults is $12.00, kids age 12 and under, $10.00. Advance tickets are available at Cherrie Red Tattoo's or at the Leduc Legion. $2.00 from every ticket sold is donated to the Legion Poppy Fund.
For more information, email email@example.com.
- Crystal Blue Eyes - A Moving Story Describing his music style at the Wetaskiwin Waterworks Theatre on October 18th, 2014, Rev K (Kerry Klontz) stated, “Sharing my music is sharing a part of myself and I love the connection that is made with other people through ...
- Proud Launch Of Project Heroes The big day had arrived. Dozens of paintings, large canvases and other artsy décor had been lovingly crated, transported and carefully displayed in this impressive military building, the Prince of Wales Armoury in North-Central ...
- Project Heroes On November 3rd 2014, ‘Project Heroes - Canada In Afghanistan - The Stories And Faces Of Sacrifice’, was revealed to the world, an artistic endeavor of great magnitude that honors Canadian soldiers fallen during the Afghanistan ...
- How We Remember Our Veterans On the occasion of Remembrance Day 2014, I am happy to offer a ‘composite article’ on how we Canadians remember our War Veterans. The members of our Canadian Armed Forces who have given the ultimate sacrifice to protect the ...
- Canada’s Forgotten War A few weeks ago we received a package from Lin Wooster. Lin is a cabinet & chair maker who runs a small furniture repair shop in Leduc. From time to time, Lin attends antique auctions and will occasionally purchase an item ...