LEDUC 4-H BEEF CLUB
Busy New Year for Leduc 4-H Beef Club
The Leduc 4-H Beef Club has been quite busy with all the events we have done as well as preparing for a number of things to come!
On December 8th we had our Christmas party at Clover Lawn Hall. We had our record book workshop and we also had our public speaking workshop. We did a number of fun activities that our social committee came up with. Our monthly meeting was then that evening, where we discussed public speaking and our community service project for the year.
Coming up on February 1st is our Public Speaking. It will be held at Clover Lawn Hall. We are always looking for any volunteers to judge, so if you would be interested in judging that day please contact Tracy @ 780-235-8775 or Andrea @ 780-941-3828. Hope to hear from you!
Also we will be doing an upcoming community service event at the beginning of March, so stay tuned for more information on that.
Your Faithful Reporter,
COAL LAKE LIGHT HORSE 4-H
Happy New Year!
The Coal Lake Light Horse 4-H Club had quite a busy December.
On the 1st of December we had a jumping clinic. In my group we warmed up our horses, did some cantering and some leg yielding both ways at the trot. After that we were finally prepared to jump. All of us cantered over approximately 6 inch jumps. It was a very awesome ride.
We had our general meeting on the 2nd of December. We discussed our Christmas party, and finishing our fundraisers for the moment. We also got our corrections on our diaries for last year.
Also a few of us did impromptus. Impromptus are a part of public speaking. You choose three topics out of a container and pick one of them. You have 15 seconds to do so. You then have 1 minute to scribble down ideas about your topic. You then have to talk for 1 to 2 minutes about the topic. These are very interesting to listen to.
On December 22, 2013 we had our pick a foal day. We judged the foals to see who had the best confirmation. We picked a bay foal whose nickname is Pooh-Bear. It was a very fun last activity for 2013,
Hope everyone has a great 2014!
Coal Lake Light Horse 4-H
ROSEBRIER 4-H BEEF CLUB
Happy New Year!
Our 4H club has been doing a lot of things the past few months. We went as a group to the CFR. What a lot of fun that was! Seeing all the cowboys and cowgirls in their events. Next we participated in the tire recycling program. Our club managed to recycle 380 tires!
Closer to Christmas we were proud to make up shoe boxes to send over seas. As a club we did up 63 boxes that night! For our Christmas get together we were going with the Falun Club to go skiing at Gwynne Hill.
Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and it was way to cold, so it has been postponed until later in January.
Next up we have Bull Congress that some of us will be attending. Shortly after that we have public speaking. We are going to be having our Public Speaking at Angus Ridge Hall on Sunday, February 23 at 1:00pm. It should be fun to see what everyone is going to talk about.
We have also been having our monthly meetings and are working lots with our calves. All of us have been working hard with our Steers and Heifers to get them looking and behaving their best.
Avery and Rachel Nelson
- The Old Car Detective Father and son with 1959 Cadillac hardtop Jamal Salam of Mississauga, Ontario, owns an American icon, a 1959 Cadillac two-door hardtop with the biggest tailfins in town! His Series 6337 Coupe de Ville came from Arizona ...
- Why Annexation? One of the questions that was asked at an Edmonton informational session last week has stuck in this reporters mind. The question was a simple one “What is the need to annex since the people remain the same regardless ...
- “We’ve a Lot of Work to Do” Those were the words from Tim Brockelsby, a Senior Planner for the City of Edmonton, at the conclusion of Edmonton’s second of five planned conversations with Leduc residents affected by Edmonton’s proposed annexation ...
- Leduc Rural Crime Watch Award Cst. Mcfarlene, President Cor De Wit, Mayor Whaley. The Farmers’ Advocate Office (FAO) has announced that the Leduc Rural Crime Watch Association has been awarded their 2013 Award for Excellence. The award was established ...
- 13,000 HOUR DONATION Executive Director, Petra Pfeiffer, thanks Jeannie Blakely on Appreciation evening. Whenever there is a crime or tragedy, there is a victim. The word ‘victim’ does not adequately describe the complexity of circumstances ...
- RURAL CRIME WATCH The organization had been undergoing a serious decline in interest until the fall of 2011 and spring of 2012 when the community experienced a rash of break-ins and thefts. Membership spiked and with increased monitoring ...
- Wetaskiwin Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast City of Wetaskiwin Mayor Bill Elliot shows the ribbon shirt which was given to him by Laron Northwest on behalf of the Samson Cree Nation and Maskwacis. Wetaskiwin's 23rd Annual Mayor's Prayer Breakfast was held at ...
- Kids Making a Difference The 19th annual Leaders of Tomorrow Awards Program for Wetaskiwin and area was held at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum the evening of April 7th. This is a program to recognize the good kids who are making a positive difference ...
- Leduc City Citizens of Distinction Annual ceremony hosted during Leduc’s Volunteer Appreciation Banquet. The City of Leduc is pleased to announce the following recipients of the 2013 Citizens of Distinction Awards: Brianna Day Athletic Achievement ...
- Lakedell 4-H Beef Club Our club has been keeping busy. In February we had our beef supper on valentines day with a great turn out. On the 15th our club attended the Red Deer Rebels game. We also had Public speaking on the 28th. All members ...
- Spring Fling Mercedez Swallow creates a spotted puppy at the Spring Fling trade fair in the Wetaskiwin Drill Hall. Wetaskiwin Chamber of Commerce hosts new features - Hosting successful events has challenges. But observing a steady ...