LEDUC 4-H BEEF CLUB
Busy New Year for Leduc 4-H Beef Club
The Leduc 4-H Beef Club has been quite busy with all the events we have done as well as preparing for a number of things to come!
On December 8th we had our Christmas party at Clover Lawn Hall. We had our record book workshop and we also had our public speaking workshop. We did a number of fun activities that our social committee came up with. Our monthly meeting was then that evening, where we discussed public speaking and our community service project for the year.
Coming up on February 1st is our Public Speaking. It will be held at Clover Lawn Hall. We are always looking for any volunteers to judge, so if you would be interested in judging that day please contact Tracy @ 780-235-8775 or Andrea @ 780-941-3828. Hope to hear from you!
Also we will be doing an upcoming community service event at the beginning of March, so stay tuned for more information on that.
Your Faithful Reporter,
COAL LAKE LIGHT HORSE 4-H
Happy New Year!
The Coal Lake Light Horse 4-H Club had quite a busy December.
On the 1st of December we had a jumping clinic. In my group we warmed up our horses, did some cantering and some leg yielding both ways at the trot. After that we were finally prepared to jump. All of us cantered over approximately 6 inch jumps. It was a very awesome ride.
We had our general meeting on the 2nd of December. We discussed our Christmas party, and finishing our fundraisers for the moment. We also got our corrections on our diaries for last year.
Also a few of us did impromptus. Impromptus are a part of public speaking. You choose three topics out of a container and pick one of them. You have 15 seconds to do so. You then have 1 minute to scribble down ideas about your topic. You then have to talk for 1 to 2 minutes about the topic. These are very interesting to listen to.
On December 22, 2013 we had our pick a foal day. We judged the foals to see who had the best confirmation. We picked a bay foal whose nickname is Pooh-Bear. It was a very fun last activity for 2013,
Hope everyone has a great 2014!
Coal Lake Light Horse 4-H
ROSEBRIER 4-H BEEF CLUB
Happy New Year!
Our 4H club has been doing a lot of things the past few months. We went as a group to the CFR. What a lot of fun that was! Seeing all the cowboys and cowgirls in their events. Next we participated in the tire recycling program. Our club managed to recycle 380 tires!
Closer to Christmas we were proud to make up shoe boxes to send over seas. As a club we did up 63 boxes that night! For our Christmas get together we were going with the Falun Club to go skiing at Gwynne Hill.
Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and it was way to cold, so it has been postponed until later in January.
Next up we have Bull Congress that some of us will be attending. Shortly after that we have public speaking. We are going to be having our Public Speaking at Angus Ridge Hall on Sunday, February 23 at 1:00pm. It should be fun to see what everyone is going to talk about.
We have also been having our monthly meetings and are working lots with our calves. All of us have been working hard with our Steers and Heifers to get them looking and behaving their best.
Avery and Rachel Nelson
- Alberta Farm Days 2014 Discover Alberta’s culinary treasures during the second annual Alberta Open Farm Days, August 23 and 24. “From farm visits for the whole family, to one-of-a-kind culinary experience for foodies, Open Farm Days is a great ...
- Odysseo By Cavalia – The ‘Fusion’ Show It’s almost impossible to describe the show Odysseo by Cavalia that is taking place in Edmonton, without personally experiencing this unique theatrical performance. It’s not a horse show, although 64 horses participate. It’s ...
- Making Dreams Come True Imagine for a moment sitting in the front of a race car, feeling the heat of the engine and the roar of the horsepower as it carries you across the finish line in first place. The inner track is filled with other drivers ...
- I-Robot Arrives In Leduc! On Thursday, July 17th, 2014 two robots arrived at the Edmonton International Airport (EIA) on their way to K-Days. For an hour FURO-D and her younger more versatile sister, FURO-S, demonstrated their capabilities to the ...
- Alberta Prairie Classroom On Wheels (C.O.W. Bus) When did you learn how to read? At the Centre for family Literacy, we believe that literacy development begins at birth. Our homes are our first schools and our families are our first teachers. When children see family members ...
- Millet And Area Mourns The Passing Of A Giant Submitted by Brenda Jackson Communities are made up of wonderful people, and we are deeply saddened by the loss of one we called ours for many years - Laurence ‘Laurie’ Linaker. If I could describe Laurie in just a couple ...
- $17,578 Grant Awarded To Warburg Ag Society On Monday, July 14, Honourable Diana McQueen, Minister of Energy and MLA for Drayton Valley-Devon, met with Warburg Agricultural Society President Les Nemeth and Ag Society member Treasa Nemeth at the constituency office. ...
- Stage 7 Of Southfork Set To Go The next phase of development in Southfork will see the long-awaited second entrance put in. During the City of Leduc’s June 14 council meeting, manager of Current Planning and Development Carol Hampton said the second access ...
- Bike Night Raising Funds For Great Causes Terry Evans of Edmonton Classic Rock Station K-97 hosts, “Bike Night” each Tuesday night at Blackjack’s Roadhouse in Nisku, Alberta. Each week Bike Night raises funds for a charitable cause through the Poker Run and Charity ...
- Canada’s Amelia Earhart Amelia Earhart was the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic and we all know about her ill-fated attempt to circumnavigate the globe. Earhart inspired hundreds of women to become airplane pilots and instill in ...