LEDUC 4-H BEEF CLUB
Busy New Year for Leduc 4-H Beef Club
The Leduc 4-H Beef Club has been quite busy with all the events we have done as well as preparing for a number of things to come!
On December 8th we had our Christmas party at Clover Lawn Hall. We had our record book workshop and we also had our public speaking workshop. We did a number of fun activities that our social committee came up with. Our monthly meeting was then that evening, where we discussed public speaking and our community service project for the year.
Coming up on February 1st is our Public Speaking. It will be held at Clover Lawn Hall. We are always looking for any volunteers to judge, so if you would be interested in judging that day please contact Tracy @ 780-235-8775 or Andrea @ 780-941-3828. Hope to hear from you!
Also we will be doing an upcoming community service event at the beginning of March, so stay tuned for more information on that.
Your Faithful Reporter,
COAL LAKE LIGHT HORSE 4-H
Happy New Year!
The Coal Lake Light Horse 4-H Club had quite a busy December.
On the 1st of December we had a jumping clinic. In my group we warmed up our horses, did some cantering and some leg yielding both ways at the trot. After that we were finally prepared to jump. All of us cantered over approximately 6 inch jumps. It was a very awesome ride.
We had our general meeting on the 2nd of December. We discussed our Christmas party, and finishing our fundraisers for the moment. We also got our corrections on our diaries for last year.
Also a few of us did impromptus. Impromptus are a part of public speaking. You choose three topics out of a container and pick one of them. You have 15 seconds to do so. You then have 1 minute to scribble down ideas about your topic. You then have to talk for 1 to 2 minutes about the topic. These are very interesting to listen to.
On December 22, 2013 we had our pick a foal day. We judged the foals to see who had the best confirmation. We picked a bay foal whose nickname is Pooh-Bear. It was a very fun last activity for 2013,
Hope everyone has a great 2014!
Coal Lake Light Horse 4-H
ROSEBRIER 4-H BEEF CLUB
Happy New Year!
Our 4H club has been doing a lot of things the past few months. We went as a group to the CFR. What a lot of fun that was! Seeing all the cowboys and cowgirls in their events. Next we participated in the tire recycling program. Our club managed to recycle 380 tires!
Closer to Christmas we were proud to make up shoe boxes to send over seas. As a club we did up 63 boxes that night! For our Christmas get together we were going with the Falun Club to go skiing at Gwynne Hill.
Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and it was way to cold, so it has been postponed until later in January.
Next up we have Bull Congress that some of us will be attending. Shortly after that we have public speaking. We are going to be having our Public Speaking at Angus Ridge Hall on Sunday, February 23 at 1:00pm. It should be fun to see what everyone is going to talk about.
We have also been having our monthly meetings and are working lots with our calves. All of us have been working hard with our Steers and Heifers to get them looking and behaving their best.
Avery and Rachel Nelson
- Heimdal Walk For Global Care Heimdal Community Church, located east and a little south of Leduc, held its 39th Walk-A-Thon for Global Care with 77 walkers participating. All of the $70,000 raised by the walkers, plus any additional donations so dedicated, ...
- RCMP Musical Ride Coming To Leduc The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) will bring the Musical Ride to Amberlea Meadows on July 25th and 26th for Leduc and area residents. This will be the Ride’s second visit to Amberlea Meadows, as they demonstrated their ...
- New Fibre Optic Cables Set To Increase Internet Speed Throughout Wetaskiwin Beginning this summer, TELUS will be connecting more than 90 per cent of homes and businesses in Wetaskiwin directly to fibre optic cables. This build – which comes at no cost to the municipality or its residents – will bring ...
- Ma-Me-O Beach Legion Branch Funds Local Reading Program Submitted by Patrick Miller Every summer the Lakedale and Area Community Library Society is involved in a reading program for the children at the Pigeon Lake Public Library in Ma-Me-O Beach Alberta. Royal Canadian Legion ...
- Jazzy Week In Wetaskiwin Music was the focus for 12 youth (day session) and 8 adults (evening session for 16+) every day from July 6th to 11th at the Grace Lutheran Church in Wetaskiwin. The Church was the venue for the 6th annual Wetaskiwin Jazz ...