Lakedell 4-H Beef Club
Club Reporter – Ashley Schmidt
Our club had the first meeting on September 30th, 2013, where we voted on positions with the following outcomes:
President - Zoe Kilthau
Vice President - Taylor Stewart
Secretary - Tanya Schmidt
Treasurer - Blake Rolseth
Club Reporter - Ashley Schmidt
District Reps - Tony Schmidt & Taylor Stewart
Social Convenors - Michael Wollin, Austin Schmidt, Dallen Schmidt, Tony Schmidt, Ty Rolseth, Mercedes Giesbrech & Carter Van Immerzeal.
This year our club has 21 members including several new ones, and we are privileged to have the following leaders:
-Mike & Tracey Wollin
-Kevin & Greta Schmidt
-Mike & Aggie Schmidt
Our club Weigh-In took place on the 30th of September at Parkview farms. We weighed in 21 calves plus one calf that we chose as our club calf which will be sold at our Achievement Day and the proceeds will be donated towards a charity.
In December we had the Club meeting on the 10th and also a pot luck dinner together will all the club members. Afterwards we enjoyed some curling. On the 14th of December some of our members helped at the Santa’s Elves Gift wrapping.
We also had our club calf tour on January 4th; the calves are all looking good and the members are looking forward to achievement day.
Here are a few of our upcoming events:
-Beef Supper February 14th, 2014
-Public Speaking February 28th, 2014(Falun Hall)
-Achievement Day April 26th, 2014
-Awards Night May 13th, 2014
We also would like to send out a big thank you to all of our sponsors!
- Alberta Farm Days 2014 Discover Alberta’s culinary treasures during the second annual Alberta Open Farm Days, August 23 and 24. “From farm visits for the whole family, to one-of-a-kind culinary experience for foodies, Open Farm Days is a great ...
- Odysseo By Cavalia – The ‘Fusion’ Show It’s almost impossible to describe the show Odysseo by Cavalia that is taking place in Edmonton, without personally experiencing this unique theatrical performance. It’s not a horse show, although 64 horses participate. It’s ...
- Making Dreams Come True Imagine for a moment sitting in the front of a race car, feeling the heat of the engine and the roar of the horsepower as it carries you across the finish line in first place. The inner track is filled with other drivers ...
- I-Robot Arrives In Leduc! On Thursday, July 17th, 2014 two robots arrived at the Edmonton International Airport (EIA) on their way to K-Days. For an hour FURO-D and her younger more versatile sister, FURO-S, demonstrated their capabilities to the ...
- Alberta Prairie Classroom On Wheels (C.O.W. Bus) When did you learn how to read? At the Centre for family Literacy, we believe that literacy development begins at birth. Our homes are our first schools and our families are our first teachers. When children see family members ...
- Millet And Area Mourns The Passing Of A Giant Submitted by Brenda Jackson Communities are made up of wonderful people, and we are deeply saddened by the loss of one we called ours for many years - Laurence ‘Laurie’ Linaker. If I could describe Laurie in just a couple ...
- $17,578 Grant Awarded To Warburg Ag Society On Monday, July 14, Honourable Diana McQueen, Minister of Energy and MLA for Drayton Valley-Devon, met with Warburg Agricultural Society President Les Nemeth and Ag Society member Treasa Nemeth at the constituency office. ...
- Stage 7 Of Southfork Set To Go The next phase of development in Southfork will see the long-awaited second entrance put in. During the City of Leduc’s June 14 council meeting, manager of Current Planning and Development Carol Hampton said the second access ...
- Bike Night Raising Funds For Great Causes Terry Evans of Edmonton Classic Rock Station K-97 hosts, “Bike Night” each Tuesday night at Blackjack’s Roadhouse in Nisku, Alberta. Each week Bike Night raises funds for a charitable cause through the Poker Run and Charity ...
- Canada’s Amelia Earhart Amelia Earhart was the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic and we all know about her ill-fated attempt to circumnavigate the globe. Earhart inspired hundreds of women to become airplane pilots and instill in ...