Council Notes From All Over
MILLET COUNCIL NOTES
Council was called to order at 6:00 pm, February 12, 2014 by Mayor Lorenson.
Public Hearings – No Additions and Adoptions of Agenda: Municipal Development Committee.
An ad was placed in The Pipestone Flyer for members at large for the Municipal Development Committee. The committee should consist of 2 elected officials, 1 member of JEDI, C.A.O. Pelletier and 2-3 members at large.
To date 2 people have come forward and expressed interest in sitting on the committee, Mr. Sean Goin and Mr. Joe Anderson.
Council accepts Mr. Sean Goin and Mr. Joe Anderson for this committee. Mayor Lorenson and Councillor Pyle were also appointed to this committee.
Appointments and Delegations – None.
Council received CAO Report, Council Reports, Library Manager’s Report, Bank Reconciliation Report, Investment Summary, and Enforcement Report. Bylaw – None. Agreements – None.
Alberta Transportation – TRAVIS Multi- Jurisdiction.
Announcement of the TRAVIS Multi- Jurisdiction (TRAVIS- MJ) and the sharing of permit fees with municipal partners effective April 1, 2014.
Legislative Assembly Alberta – Community Initiatives Program Grant
Lions Club of Millet application for assistance with Lions Club of Millet kitchen equipment purchase has been approved. The Lions Club of Millet received a cheque for $2,890.00.
Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools – Board Highlights:
National Dementia Strategy Support.
MP Claude Gravelle Nikel Belt has introduced Bill C-356, An Act respecting a National Strategy for Dementia and is looking for support from the Town Of Millet.
Council approves Friends of Millet Library - Additional Named Insured:
The Friends of The Millet Library would like approval for the Friends Society to have liability insurance as an additional named insured on the Town of Millet’s policy. The Friends Society will pay their own premiums and it will be no cost to the town. The Friends have also inquired if it’s possible for a councillor sit on their board.
- Winter Maintenance Policy.
- Amendments to Winter Maintenance Policy.
Sealed Bid Opening –
For the 1996 Bobcat Skid steer, Model 763 with standard 6 foot bucket, Hrs. 2415 It is recommended that the top bid of $8000.00 be accepted.
Executive Session – None.
Adjournment – 6:30 pm.
- Council Notes From All Over Warburg Linda M. Steinke Off-highway Vehicles Bylaw: At the Regular Council meeting on June 9, 2014, 45 residents met in chambers to express their disapproval of proposed changes to the off-highway vehicles (OHV) bylaw. The ...
- Council Notes From All Over County of Wetaskiwin Barry Campbell August 12, 2014 Alberta Senior Citizen Housing Association (ASCHA) - Barb Panich: Council invited Barb Panich from Municipal Affairs to attend a Council meeting to explain the process on ...
- Council Notes From All Over County of Wetaskiwin County of Wetaskiwin Highlights – August 26, 2014 By Barry McDonald The following are brief highlights of the City of Wetaskiwin meeting. For more detailed information contact Frank Coutney, CAO (780) ...