Council Notes From All Over
MILLET COUNCIL NOTES
Council was called to order at 6:00 pm, February 12, 2014 by Mayor Lorenson.
Public Hearings – No Additions and Adoptions of Agenda: Municipal Development Committee.
An ad was placed in The Pipestone Flyer for members at large for the Municipal Development Committee. The committee should consist of 2 elected officials, 1 member of JEDI, C.A.O. Pelletier and 2-3 members at large.
To date 2 people have come forward and expressed interest in sitting on the committee, Mr. Sean Goin and Mr. Joe Anderson.
Council accepts Mr. Sean Goin and Mr. Joe Anderson for this committee. Mayor Lorenson and Councillor Pyle were also appointed to this committee.
Appointments and Delegations – None.
Council received CAO Report, Council Reports, Library Manager’s Report, Bank Reconciliation Report, Investment Summary, and Enforcement Report. Bylaw – None. Agreements – None.
Alberta Transportation – TRAVIS Multi- Jurisdiction.
Announcement of the TRAVIS Multi- Jurisdiction (TRAVIS- MJ) and the sharing of permit fees with municipal partners effective April 1, 2014.
Legislative Assembly Alberta – Community Initiatives Program Grant
Lions Club of Millet application for assistance with Lions Club of Millet kitchen equipment purchase has been approved. The Lions Club of Millet received a cheque for $2,890.00.
Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools – Board Highlights:
National Dementia Strategy Support.
MP Claude Gravelle Nikel Belt has introduced Bill C-356, An Act respecting a National Strategy for Dementia and is looking for support from the Town Of Millet.
Council approves Friends of Millet Library - Additional Named Insured:
The Friends of The Millet Library would like approval for the Friends Society to have liability insurance as an additional named insured on the Town of Millet’s policy. The Friends Society will pay their own premiums and it will be no cost to the town. The Friends have also inquired if it’s possible for a councillor sit on their board.
- Winter Maintenance Policy.
- Amendments to Winter Maintenance Policy.
Sealed Bid Opening –
For the 1996 Bobcat Skid steer, Model 763 with standard 6 foot bucket, Hrs. 2415 It is recommended that the top bid of $8000.00 be accepted.
Executive Session – None.
Adjournment – 6:30 pm.
- Town Of Millet Council Notes Mayor Lorenson called Council to order at 6pm. Appointments and Delegations: Millet Curling Club: The Millet Curling Club has discovered that it will need to replace the brine tank at the rink after recently replacing ...
- County Of Wetaskiwin Council Notes November 2014 Bank Reconciliation: Each month the Bank Reconciliation is prepared and balanced to the General Ledger. The Bank Reconciliation reviews the County’s financial position in the following areas: General Account, ...
- Council Notes From All Over City of Wetaskiwin Library volunteer board members: The City advertised for volunteer board members in the October 22nd and October 29th editions of the Wetaskiwin Times Advertiser, the October 23rd edition of the Pipestone ...