Council Notes From All Over
MILLET TOWN COUNCIL NOTES
Council was called to order at 6:00 pm, February 26, 2014 by Mayor Lorenson.
Public Hearings – None
Additions and Adoption of Agenda:
Willy Sissau – Resident of the Millet North Village wrote a letter to council commending the new manager for excellent snow removal in the park.
Random Acts of Kindness Week: The Town of Millet Random Acts of Kindness Week is April 6-12, 2014.
If someone performs a “Random Act of Kindness” for you, write it down and submit it to the Town Office. All acts of “Kindness” will be published in the Town Newsletter. The draw for the winners of the “Random Acts of Kindness Week” will be on Monday, April 14 2014. There will be 2 winners, one adult and one youth who will each receive a prize.
Millet Soccer – Water Waiver: Millet Soccer thanks the Town of Millet for their unbilled use of water for the Paul Pay Soccer Field for the 2013 season. As the field is still in the developmental stage, they are asking for a waiver of water fees again for the 2014 season. Council Carries
City of Leduc- Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast: The City of Leduc and Leduc County will be hosting a ‘joint’ Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast April 5, 2014. Town of Millet Council is invited to attend. Councillors Wadsworth, Sadoroszney, and Pyle will be attending. Council Carries
Appointments and Delegations – Millet Library Executive Appointments: The Library Board elected a new executive on January 14, 2014. Chair: Bob Maynard, Past Chair: Susan Williamson, Secretary: Brenda Palmerchuk, Treasurer: Nic Heggerud Council Carries.
Reports – Council Reports: Workforce Presentation notes Councillor Sadoroszney Council Accepts as Information.
Bylaw – None
Agreements – None
Correspondence – House of Commons Canada – Cell phone towers: MP Blaine Calkins letter to Council regarding concerns about proposed antenna towers. Council Accepts as Information.
Friends of the Millet Library – Council Representation: The Friends are requesting a Councillor from the Town of Millet sit on the board if possible. Councillor Peel will sit on the board. Council Carries
Town of Millet – Strategic Plan: The Town of Millet is “Proud to Be….” Working together to sustain and enhance the quality of life for our Community.
Core Goals: 1) The Town of Millet will ensure the needs of its residents are achieved through ongoing planning and maintenance of our municipal infrastructure and equipment.
2) The Town of Millet will strive for excellence by focusing on services while promoting a safe, healthy community and work environment.
3) To support and implement strategies for Economic and Business Development within the Town of Millet.
4) Promote Millet as a recreational, commercial and cultural destination. Council Carries.
Council Mixer- Millet Council has hosted a Council Mixer with the City of Wetaskiwin, the County of Wetaskiwin and the City of Leduc for the past couple of years in March or April. Does Council wish to host one again this year and if so, what day? Council will host a Council Mixer again this year with April 10, 2014 as the date. Council Carries.
Wetaskiwin Health Foundation – Celebration: March 3, 2014 is having a celebration and has redesigned their donor wall. Councillor Sadoroszney will attend Council Carries.
Atco Electric – Symposium: May 20, 2014, Fort Saskatchewan. Councillors Garrett, Pyle and Sadoroszney will attend Council Carries.
Restorative Justice – Training: March 15th & 16th Edmonton. Councillor Garrett will attend Council Carries.
Millet Lions Club – Hall Waiver: The Millet & District Lions Club requests a waiver of hall rental fees for their 40th Annual Charter Night April 26, 2014 at the Millet Agriplex.
Millet Lions Club – Charter Night: The Millet Lions extend an invitation to Town Council and Staff to their 409th Annual Charter Night April 26, 2014. Councillors Sadoroszney, Pyle Pydde and Peel will attend along with C.A.O. Teri Pelletier and Assistant C.A.O. Lisa Schoening
Millet Ag Society – Use of Town Land: The Millet Ag. Society put in a request to use Millet Town Property to display the fireworks on the evening of August 22, 2014. Council Carries.
City of Wetaskiwin – Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast: Millet Council has been invited to the City of Wetaskiwin’s Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast April 5, 2014. Mayor Lorenson, Councillors Peel, Garrett, and Pydde will attend. Council Carries.
Council was adjourned at 6:35 pm.
- Council Notes From All Over Thorsby October 7, 2014 The following are brief highlights of the County of Wetaskiwin meeting. For more detailed information contact Frank Coutney, CAO (780) 361-6223. Late tax payment: Scotiabank in Calgary submitted the ...
- Council Notes From All Over Thorsby Sherri Morrisey, President of Community Fit Ltd (CFL), brought a show and tell to Council to highlight completed and upcoming projects with Council. CFL is a non-profit group committed to providing Thorsby and area ...
- Council Notes From All Over City of Wetaskiwin Barry McDonald September 22, 2014 Wetaskiwin City Council invites the public to attend their regular meetings in Council Chambers (4705 - 50 Ave). The following are brief highlights of the City of Wetaskiwin ...