RCMP and Their Enforcement Partners Focus on Intersection Safety
- Intersections can be dangerous! Be sure to pay close attention to your driving and others’.
- Watch out for other drivers and pedestrians.
- Always look before proceeding through intersections regardless of the traffic light colour. This is about being prepared for the unexpected and sharing the road safely.
- DO NOT Run through red lights.
- DO NOT roll through a stop sign
- DO NOT speed through intersections
- DO NOT follow too closely.
- DO NOT make unsafe left turns.
- Do NOT rely on having the right of way.
- Remember the 3 P’S - POINT, PAUSE, and PROCEED. Be alert at intersections and always look out for possible dangers when crossing the street.
- Make eye contact with drivers before you cross the street.
- Abide by traffic signs and signals. They are in place for your safety.
The Leduc RCMP Integrated Traffic Unit and their enforcement partners will be keeping an eye out for violators and high risk drivers at intersections throughout the Leduc Region. The Leduc RCMP is dedicated to improving public safety on our roadways.
- Calmar Fas Gas Robbery Police are requesting the public’s help to identify suspects in weekend armed robbery. At 6:00 AM on Saturday, March 14th, Leduc RCMP responded to a hold up alarm from the Calmar Fas Gas. Leduc RCMP officers immediately responded, ...
- RCMP Investigate Attempted Abduction Of Seven Year Old Girl Red Deer RCMP are investigating a report they received on March 3 of an attempted abduction of a seven year old girl. The unsuccessful abduction attempt occurred on March 2 in the Kentwood neighbourhood. Between 3:00 and ...