Town of Calmar - Council Meeting, January 17th, 2011
- Grace Brown - Head Organizer/Coordinator
- Karlie Bateman - Committee Rep
- Alaura Gartner - Community Rep
The ladies made a request to Council for a $300 donation to purchase food and beverages for the 2011 Youth Unite Forum. The Youth Forum is a program in which youth can make new friends, attend workshops, and hear special speakers. Councillor Borodawka moved that $300 be donated to Youth Unite for the 2011 Forum.
Debbie Bishop provided correspondence of Ackroyd LLP. Bishop requested that Council contact Municipal Affairs to set up mediation talks for the residents affected by the abandoned well located in Evergreen Crescent. She also suggested that Council contact Alberta's Heartland Land Trust Society to make a presentation to Council and assist in finding a resolution for the residents.
Mayor Faulkner thanked Ms. Bishop for her presentation, and that they would be advised as to when the Town would make comment.
Director of Finance Storey presented correspondence in regard to rewriting the water bylaw to make landlords responsible for the utility bill for rental properties. Councilllor Wiancko moved that Administration prepare the new utility bylaw with recommendations from Council and bring it back to Council.
Leduc & District victims Services invite Council to attend a stakeholders consultation on January 21. Councillor Wiancko stated that he would attend.
Director of Finance Storey presented Council with correspondence regarding adopting the 2010 Operating Budget as the 2011 Interim Operating Budget pursuant to the Municipal Government Act as the final budget was not adopted by December 31, 2010. Councillor Bartlett made a motion that the 2010 Operating Budget be adopted as the 2011 Interim Operating Budget.
Director of Finance Storey provided correspondence in regard to accepting a quote from Meyers Norris Penny LLP for audit services for 2011 through 2013. Councillor Bartlett moved to accept the Audit Fee Quotation of Mayers Norris Penny LLP for audit services for 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Invitations to Calmar Council to attend the St. Albert Chamber of Commerce Chamber Gala to be held on January 29 and the State of the City Luncheon on February 9. As Council has a previous engagements on both dates, Mayor Faulkner directed Administration to decline the invitation, but send a thank you note.
Correspondence was presented from Leduc Foundation requesting funding assistance in the amount of $76 for transportation services to seniors and people with disabilities throughout Leduc County. Councillor Wiancko made a motion to support the Leduc Foundation's request.
Bylaw #2011-01 - Temporary Borrowing
Councillor Bartlett moved that Bylaw #2011-01 be given first reading. Councillor Borodawka moved the bylaw receive second reading, and that permission be granted for the presentation of the Bylaw for all three readings. Councillor Yachimetz moved that Bylaw #2010-01 be given third reading.
Bylaw #2011-02 - Electronic Funds Transfer
Councillor Wiancko moved that said bylaw be given first reading, Councillor Borodawka moved for second reading, and Councillor Yachimetz moved the bylaw be given third reading.
Bylaw #2010-03 - MasterCard Guarantee
Councillor Bartlett moved that Bylaw 2010-03 be given first reading, Councillor Yachimetz moved for second reading, and Councillor Wiancko made a motion for third reading of the bylaw.
- Tales From The Sewer Submitted by Jason Gariepy, Village of Thorsby CAO What do spoons, hockey pucks, and branches have in common? They were all found in Thorsby’s sewer lines during a recent flushing process. Ted Stewart of Thorsby Public Works ...
- Leduc Sport Tourism Master Plan City of Leduc council has approved the city’s first Sport Tourism Master Plan and intends to use it to maintain its status as an elite sport tourism destination. Presenting the plan to council at its regular meeting Oct. ...
- County Funds For Club The Leduc Boys and Girls Club is looking for financial support from Leduc County before they consider adding user fees. During a presentation to council Oct. 13, Boys and Girls Club executive director Shawna Bissell asked ...
- Town Of Devon Seeks Annexation Land The Town of Devon is one step closer to annexing a parcel of Leduc County land along the town’s eastern border to the North Saskatchewan River now that County councillors approved the annexation report and agreement Oct. ...
- An Interview With The CAO Of Thorsby Interview Submitted to Linda Steinke How would you describe the past six months? There has been a lot of change. From the day-to-day operation and management of the fire department to a by-election, the Village has seen substantial ...
- Leduc County Looks For Four-Laning 41st Avenue Leduc County council wants Nisku’s 41 Ave. widened to four-lanes all the way to 101 St. in Edmonton. In August, council approved $650,000 in funding for the four-laning of 101 St. in Edmonton, subject to a reasonable repayment ...
- Get Immunized, Before Influenza Arrives Submitted by AHS – Public Health It happens every year: influenza arrives in Alberta. The good news is, influenza vaccine gets here first. All Albertans are encouraged to take advantage and get immunized before influenza ...