Town of Calmar - Council Meeting, January 17th, 2011
- Grace Brown - Head Organizer/Coordinator
- Karlie Bateman - Committee Rep
- Alaura Gartner - Community Rep
The ladies made a request to Council for a $300 donation to purchase food and beverages for the 2011 Youth Unite Forum. The Youth Forum is a program in which youth can make new friends, attend workshops, and hear special speakers. Councillor Borodawka moved that $300 be donated to Youth Unite for the 2011 Forum.
Debbie Bishop provided correspondence of Ackroyd LLP. Bishop requested that Council contact Municipal Affairs to set up mediation talks for the residents affected by the abandoned well located in Evergreen Crescent. She also suggested that Council contact Alberta's Heartland Land Trust Society to make a presentation to Council and assist in finding a resolution for the residents.
Mayor Faulkner thanked Ms. Bishop for her presentation, and that they would be advised as to when the Town would make comment.
Director of Finance Storey presented correspondence in regard to rewriting the water bylaw to make landlords responsible for the utility bill for rental properties. Councilllor Wiancko moved that Administration prepare the new utility bylaw with recommendations from Council and bring it back to Council.
Leduc & District victims Services invite Council to attend a stakeholders consultation on January 21. Councillor Wiancko stated that he would attend.
Director of Finance Storey presented Council with correspondence regarding adopting the 2010 Operating Budget as the 2011 Interim Operating Budget pursuant to the Municipal Government Act as the final budget was not adopted by December 31, 2010. Councillor Bartlett made a motion that the 2010 Operating Budget be adopted as the 2011 Interim Operating Budget.
Director of Finance Storey provided correspondence in regard to accepting a quote from Meyers Norris Penny LLP for audit services for 2011 through 2013. Councillor Bartlett moved to accept the Audit Fee Quotation of Mayers Norris Penny LLP for audit services for 2011, 2012, and 2013.
Invitations to Calmar Council to attend the St. Albert Chamber of Commerce Chamber Gala to be held on January 29 and the State of the City Luncheon on February 9. As Council has a previous engagements on both dates, Mayor Faulkner directed Administration to decline the invitation, but send a thank you note.
Correspondence was presented from Leduc Foundation requesting funding assistance in the amount of $76 for transportation services to seniors and people with disabilities throughout Leduc County. Councillor Wiancko made a motion to support the Leduc Foundation's request.
Bylaw #2011-01 - Temporary Borrowing
Councillor Bartlett moved that Bylaw #2011-01 be given first reading. Councillor Borodawka moved the bylaw receive second reading, and that permission be granted for the presentation of the Bylaw for all three readings. Councillor Yachimetz moved that Bylaw #2010-01 be given third reading.
Bylaw #2011-02 - Electronic Funds Transfer
Councillor Wiancko moved that said bylaw be given first reading, Councillor Borodawka moved for second reading, and Councillor Yachimetz moved the bylaw be given third reading.
Bylaw #2010-03 - MasterCard Guarantee
Councillor Bartlett moved that Bylaw 2010-03 be given first reading, Councillor Yachimetz moved for second reading, and Councillor Wiancko made a motion for third reading of the bylaw.
- Students Breath A Collective Sigh Of Relief Over New Weighting Of Diploma Exams The Government of Alberta has recently announced that the weighting for High School diploma exams will change from a 50/50 weighting to a 30/70 weighting, where school-awarded grades will be worth 70 per cent. The announcement ...
- Leduc City’s New Traffic Bylaw Submitted by City of Leduc The City of Leduc’s newly passed Traffic Bylaw No. 878-2014 will go into effect on April 1, 2015. “The new bylaw allows Leduc Enforcement Services to deal more efficiently with matters that were ...
- Verlyn Olson Acclaimed For Next Election The Wetaskiwin Camrose PC association is pleased to announce that it has selected a candidate to represent them in the next provincial election. Current MLA and minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Verlyn Olson, ...
- River Valley Trail Preliminary Design Approved On Monday, February 9, 2015, Council approved the preliminary design for upgrades to Devon’s River Valley Trail that connects Voyageur Park to the Lions Campground, and directed administration to proceed with the design and ...
- Leduc County Appeals ESRB Order Lawyers for Leduc County are appealing an Environmental Protection Order issued by Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development (ESRD) regarding the former Kavanagh Landfill earlier this month. Forty years after ...