Operation Palliative Care - Week 3 Update
Vol 15, Issue 8, Leduc - Wetaskiwin Pipestone Flyer
Photo: Roger Holmes, owner of Starpress in Wainwright, Alberta and the Ted Okkerse, publisher of the Leduc - Wetaskiwin Pipestone Flyer hold an Operation Palliative Care poster. Holmes has donated the printing costs of a special publication in orde to raise money for the Black Gold Health Foundation.
This week saw our printing company jump on-board the Operation Palliative Care train. Roger Homes, owner of StarPress as well as the owner and publisher of the Wainwright Star Chronicle has enabled The Leduc-Wetaskiwin Pipestone Flyer to donate additional pages to raise funds for the Black Gold Health Foundation's “Family Care Suites Project.” Look in the coming weeks for the special eight page pull-out where 100% of the funds collected will be donated to the Black Gold Health Foundation.
Last week saw our first two pages of supporting advertisers pitch in for the cause. Those two pages of awareness advertisements raised $2,700 which, at the end of the campaign, will be added to the total and donated to the Black Gold Health Foundation. In addition to this, our I SUPPORT Operation Palliative Care buttons will be distributed to our supporting businesses. The suggested donation will be $2.00 for every pin, which will raise an additional $5,000.
If you want to help in our awareness campaign, please join Operation Palliative Care by visiting www.pipestoneflyer.ca and clicking on the CAUSE link. Then invite your friends to do the same. We are providing updates on our CAUSE page as things begin to heat up.
We would like to thank the ninety-two (92) people that have joined the cause thus far as well as the businesses who are supporting Operation Palliative Care through advertising. Remember, please recognize these caring business by supporting them.
The following businesses have joined Operation Palliative Care:
- Avalon Automotive Repair Services, Walter Emberley, 4619-61 Ave., Leduc
- Basha Donair, Kass Fattah, #2, 4922-51 Ave., Leduc
- Craig’s No Frills, Craig Minnice, 3915 – 50 Street, Leduc
- The Great Canadian Dollar Store, Nadine Leming, 4302 – 50 St., Leduc
- Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant, Joumana Kameleddine, #1, 6104 – 50 St., Leduc
- Ken's Furniture and Appliances, Colin Dale, #1, 5201-50 St., Leduc
- Kennelli Springs, Tammy Haayema, 12C, 5904-50St., Leduc
- LaPisana Italian Eatery & Wine Bar Terry & Sherry Sept #110, 5401 Discovery Way, Leduc
- Leduc Coop Ltd., Rick Polasek, 5403-50th St., Leduc
- Leduc Coop Liquor Store, Leslie McLeod, Rick Polasek, 100B Deer Valley Drive, Leduc
- Leduc Goldsmiths, Randy Szott, Kevin Szott, 4705-50th Ave., Leduc
- McEwan Motors, Brian McEwan, Alex McEwan, 7011 Sparrow Drive, Leduc
- Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Marnie Kachman, #18, 4302-50 St., Leduc
- The UPS Store, Janis Berggren, 5105-50th Ave., Leduc
- Zambelli's Restaurant, Claude Nadeau, Galina Tatulova, 6210-50 St., Leduc
- Irlen Syndrome Often Misdiagnosed October 20-24 is Irlen Awareness Week in Canada. What is Irlen, most of us would ask? With modern medical advances, some ailments and illnesses are now diagnosed more accurately, such as the Irlen Syndrome, also called Scotopic ...