Leduc County Council Meeting - January 25th, 2011
- To correct an existing typographical error in the Bylaw
- Allow accessory uses to be considered by the Development Authority for existing Manufactured Homes in the RC District, and
- Allow for Manufactured Homes in the Resort Residential District that had been specifically permitted under the previous Land Use Bylaw, to remain until such time as they are replaced, and for Residential Additions and Accessory Developments to these Manufactured Homes.
Bylaw No. 7-08, it was noted, was unclear in areas concerning certain homes, and others had not been specifically addressed.
Councillor Betty Glassman asked for a definition of a Manufactured Home, and the difference between Manufactured and Modular. It was explained that Manufactured means factory-built to codes, Modular is a pre-built at different locations.
Administration’s recommendation to Council was to support the proposed amendment to allow for accessory uses to existing Manufactured Homes in the RC - Country Residential District, and to provide similar regulations for Manufactured Homes that predate Land Use Bylaw 7-08 in the RR - Resort Residential District.
Mayor Whaley concluded the Public Hearing at 3:00 p.m.
Bylaw No. 2-11 - Supply of Utility Services (Water/Sewer Services) and Repeal Bylaw No. 27-10
Bylaw No. 2-11 states in part that “Fees and Charges owing to the county by a Person for Utility Services pursuant to this Bylaw may be added to the Tax Roll for the Property to which the services are provided by Resolution of Council and, when added, for a special lien against the Property and any improvements and are recoverable in the same manner as a property tax.”
Councillor Schonewille made a motion that Bylaw 2-11 be given first reading for the supply of utility services (water/sewer) in Leduc County and that Bylaw No. 27-10 be updated. Councillor Harrison moved that Bylaw No. 2-11 be given second reading, and Councillor Clay Stumph motioned that the Bylaw under discussion be given third reading with the unanimous consent of the Council Members present. Councillor Audrey Kelto moved that Bylaw 2-11 be given third reading.
- That Section 9.37(b) be revised to read: A dwelling, manufactured home located pursuant to 9.3.7 (a) shall be nore than one year old and no less than 95 m2 (1,025 Sq. ft.) in floor area
- Secondly, to revise Section 9.3.7 (c) to read: For the purpose of obtaining development approval for a dwelling, manufactured home, a residenttial addition or enlargement, or accessory development thereto, a dwelling manufactured home placed in its current location prior to the passage of Land Use Bylaw 7-08 shall be deemed a descretionary use; however, it shall not be replaced with another dwelling, manufactured home unless specifically allowed under this Section.
Councillor John Schonewille moved that Bylaw No. 3-11 be given second reading, and Councillor Jocelyn Mackay motioned that said Bylaw be given third reading with the unanimous consent of the Council Members present. Councillor Stumph moved that Bylaw 3-11 be given third reading.
- Leduc City Budget Leduc residents are going to see their taxes go up next year in order to pay for the services a growing community needs. At the December 8 council meeting, councillors approved a 3.7 per cent tax increase, two per cent of ...
- New Approach To Wild Horse Management As of November 1, 2014, the Wild Horses of Alberta Society (WHOAS) and the Environmental and Sustainable Resource Department (ESRD) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding. The collaboration between the ESRD and WHOAS ...
- Annexation Luncheon The County of Leduc is still waiting for the City of Edmonton to show how their annexation request will benefit anybody. Speaking to around 100 people at the Leduc County Business Luncheon Nov. 26, Leduc County Mayor John ...
- Moving Leduc #1 Leduc County is joining the City of Leduc, the Town of Devon and the Province in a joint effort to keep the Leduc #1 Energy Discover Centre operating. Council approved a $30,000 contribution after hearing the joint funding ...