Operation Palliative Care - Week 7 Update
Vol 15, Issue 12, Leduc - Wetaskiwin Pipestone Flyer
Photo: Operation Serenity Serenade - Serenity Funeral Services joins our fund raising efforts for Operation Palliative Care by making a donation of $1,000.00. On hand presenting the cheque was Harvey J. Giesbrecht, manager of the Leduc operation (right) along with Wally Slade (left). Accepting the cheque was Lorraine Popik from Black Gold Health Foundation (middle).
This is week seven of Operation Palliative Care. Soon we will be publishing an eight page pull-out where 100 percent of the advertising cost collected will be donated to the Black Gold Health Foundation. Please make a point of visiting those businesses that have made the effort to reach out more to their community through this effort.
The I SUPPORT buttons have been distributed to more locations. Look for them at check-out counters throughout the city of Leduc. We are suggesting a donation of $2 per button, but if you want to pay more, we won’t stop you. All the money collected from this will be donated, including the cost to produce these buttons. We thank you in advance for your generous support.
Don’t forget to wear the button proudly, as we will be scouting the streets so button wearers can win an instant prize and get their picture in an upcoming issue!
This week saw Harvey J. Giesbrecht from Serenity Funeral Service donate$1000.00 to Operation Palliative Care. Lorrain Popik was on hand to accept the cheque.
When you support those businesses that have joined Operation Palliative Care you are also helping the Black Gold Health Foundation meet their goals. Together we can help the Black Gold Health Foundation meet or exceed their goals of raising $100,000 dollars for their “Family Care Suites.
OUR BUSINESS SUPPORT TEAM:
- Craig’s No Frills, Craig Minnice, 3915 – 50 Street, Leduc
- The Great Canadian Dollar Store, Nadine Leming, 4302 – 50 St., Leduc
- Zambelli's Restaurant, Claude Nadeau, Galina Tatulova,6210-50 St., Leduc
- Alta Tec Windows, Barry Brunken, 5513 - 45 St., Leduc
- Avalon Automotive Repair Services, Walter Emberley,4619-61 Ave., Leduc
- Basha Donair, Kass Fattah, #2, 4922-51 Ave., Leduc
- Boston Pizza, Ken Behiel, 5309 - 50 Ave., Leduc
- Calmar Apple Drugs, Rudy Seneka, Wanda Whaley
- Center Point Performance, Laurie Skolney, RR #1, Leduc
- DC Tinting, Derek Cornelius, 4737 - 50 Ave., Calmar
- Hayduk Hardware, Blair Metrunec, 4736 - 50 Ave., Calmar
- Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant, Joumana Kameleddine, #1, 6104 – 50 St., Leduc
- Ken's Furniture and Appliances, Colin Dale, #1, 5201-50 St., Leduc
- Kennelli Springs, Tammy Haayema, 12C, 5904-50 St., Leduc
- LaPisana Italian Eatery & Wine Bar, Terry & Sherry Sept, #110, 5401 Discovery Way, Leduc
- Leduc Coop Ltd., Rick Polasek, 5403-50th St., Leduc
- Leduc Coop Liquor Store, Leslie McLeod, Rick Polasek, 100B Deer Valley Drive, Leduc
- Leduc Goldsmiths, Randy Szott, Kevin Szott, 4705-50th Ave., Leduc
- McEwan Motors, Brian McEwan, Alex McEwan, 7011 Sparrow Drive, Leduc
- Leduc Plaza Vintec Construction Ltd., Vince & Sam Naidu, www.leducplaza.com
- Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Marnie Kachman, #18, 4302-50 St., Leduc
- M & M Meats Leduc, Arlene McClements,5209 Discovery Way, Leduc
- Rona Home Centre, Rod Brown, 5202 Discovery Way, Leduc
- Risque Lingerie, Cathy Wagner,#109 5410 Discovery Way, Leduc
- Second Cup Leduc Plaza, Vijay Narayan, Leduc Plaza, #103 6207 - 50 St., Leduc
- Sobeys Leduc, Graham Bromley, 5421-50 St., Leduc
- The UPS Store, Janis Berggren, 5105-50th Ave., Leduc
- Wizard Lake Marine Inc., Clint Cole, 4444-50 Ave., Calmar
- Serenity Funeral Service, 4702- 51 Avenue, Leduc
- A 23-Year-Old Breast Cancer Survivor’s Experiences Guide A National Research Program Submitted by Laurence Beaudoin-Corriveau Canadian Institutes of Health Research Two years ago, Alicia Tait sat in a meeting room with a group of funders and researchers sharing her story of what it’s like to be 23 and diagnosed ...