Leduc RCMP Lay Charges After Executing Search Warrant
On March 31st, 2011 at approximately 11:00 p.m., members of the Leduc RCMP with the assistance of the Leduc RCMP Regional Drug Section and the Edmonton International Airport RCMP Police Dog Service, executed a search warrant on a residence in Leduc believed to be involved in recent drug activity. Leduc RCMP members had been at the residence on
previous occasions and noted a strong odour of marihuana coming from inside the house. As a result of the search warrant, RCMP members seized approximately 400 grams of marihuana and approximately $5000.00 in Canadian Currency.
On average 1 kilogram (1000 grams) of processed Marihuana will yield form 5,000 – 10,000 joints with the average being 7,000 / kg. This seizure represents a significant level of harm reduction for residents within the Leduc Region.
Four individuals were arrested and taken into police custody. Two of the four individuals are now facing criminal charges.
Louise GOOD, a 39 yr. old female and Andrew Michael BEAUCHAMP, a 29 yr. old male, both from Leduc, AB are facing the following charges:
1. Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
2. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
BEAUCHAMP further stands charged with:
3. Breach of Recognizance/ Undertaking (x2)
GOOD and BEAUCHAMP were brought before a Justice to speak to their release. GOOD was released on a cash recognizance with several conditions and BEAUCHAMP remains in custody. Both are scheduled to appear in Leduc Provincial Court on April 7th, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.
Local RCMP Police Dog Trio to be Featured on CMT
The RCMP Police Dog “BOLT”, his handler Cst. Joel MACKOWN and Cst. MACKOWN’S former partner, retired police dog “BADGE” will be making a featured appearance on Country Music Television (CMT) next Friday, April 15th, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time)
The Trio will be playing RCMP Police dog teams in a documentary drama titled, “Pet Heroes”. The episode highlights two true stories that took place here in Alberta, one in 1935, the other in 2004.
The show will run again on CMT the following Sunday and Monday (April 16/17). Check local listing for times.
RCMP Cst. MACKOWN and police dog “BOLT” are currently stationed at the Edmonton International Airport.
Leduc RCMP Warn Residents of Canada Revenue Agency Email Scam
For the third time this week, Leduc RCMP have received reports from local residents regarding suspicious communications that have been received via email. The emails appear to be from Canada Revenue Agency and tells the recipient that after reviewing your previous years fiscal activity, you are eligible to receive an additional tax return. The email encourages you to go to a link if you want your money placed into your account in the next 2-3 days.
Once you go to the link, you are asked to provide personal information.
Leduc RCMP are advising the public that these emails are NOT legitimate. THEY ARE FRAUDULENT!
Once you provide personal information on fraudulent sites, your identity can become compromised and there is no way of controlling what happens to your information.
The Leduc RCMP want to reminds the public the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) does not do the following:
The CRA will not request personal information of any kind from a taxpayer by email.
The CRA will not divulge taxpayer information to another person unless formal authorization is provided
by the taxpayer.
The CRA will not leave any personal information on an answering machine.
When in doubt, ask yourself the following:
Am I expecting additional money from the CRA?
Does this sound too good to be true?
Is the requester asking for information I would not include with my tax return?
Is the requester asking for information I know the CRA already has on file for me?
How did the requester get my email address?
Am I confident I know who is asking for the information?
- Thorsby Fas Gas Robbery Update Thorsby RCMP responded to an alarm call at approximately 1:30am on Saturday, March 21, 2015 at the Thorsby Fas Gas. Members arrived and found the front glass door to the building destroyed and orange spray paint over the ...
- Calmar Fas Gas Robbery Police are requesting the public’s help to identify suspects in weekend armed robbery. At 6:00 AM on Saturday, March 14th, Leduc RCMP responded to a hold up alarm from the Calmar Fas Gas. Leduc RCMP officers immediately responded, ...
- RCMP Investigate Attempted Abduction Of Seven Year Old Girl Red Deer RCMP are investigating a report they received on March 3 of an attempted abduction of a seven year old girl. The unsuccessful abduction attempt occurred on March 2 in the Kentwood neighbourhood. Between 3:00 and ...