These are a nice biscuit with a soft flaky texture.
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp. Butter or hard margarine.
1/2 tsp. Baking sofa
1 cup fresh buttermilk
- Place first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Mix until crumbly.
- Stir baking soda into butter milk in separate bowl.
- Add to flour mixture. Mix until it forms a ball.
- Turn out onto floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times. Roll or pat into a circle 1/2 to 3/4 thick. Cut into 2 inch rounds.
- Place on greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake in 450 oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Place on rack to cool, makes approximately 16.