Looks like sea foam and melts in your mouth.
Granulated white sugar. 1 cup
Corn syrup. 1 cup
White vinegar. 1 Tablespoon
Baking soda. 1 Tablespoon
- Grease 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.
- Put sugar, corn syrup and vinegar into happy 3 quart sauce pan. Heat and stir over medium low until sugar is dissolved and mixture is starting to boil.
- Boil without stirring until mixture reaches soft crack stage on candy thermometer , or until a small spoonful dropped it into cold water separates into hard strands that are still pliable.
- Remove from heat.
- Put baking soda into a small fine sieve. Quickly sieve over the surface, stir immediately and just enough to mix in baking soda. Bubbles disappear quickly if you touch too much.
- While the while the mixture is forming put into pour into pan. Allow the candy to spread by it self. Do not spread or it will collapse.
- Cool then break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container; makes about 1 pound of candy.
— Judy Lange