For the fourth year in a row, Black Gold Optimist Club of Leduc Certificates of Personal Achievement and Community Spirit with Cash Bursaries were presented at a Leduc area elementary school to one female student and one male student selected by school staff from any grade.
These awards are rotated to a different school each year and provide the staff with another way to recognize two deserving students based on the criteria outlined in the framed documents which are presented.
● Displays initiative, scholastic effort, and academic achievement.
● Demonstrates respect for school rules and the rights of others.
● Promotes friendship among all students and staff
● Shows a willingness to be involved in school or community activities and events.
● Has a respect for self, respect for others and is responsible for personal actions.
● Best exemplifies the Optimist Creed.