Certificates of Personal Achievement and Community Spirit with Cash Bursaries were Awarded on Tuesday, June 25, 2013.
For the third year, the Black Gold Optimist Club of Leduc awarded a framed Certificate of Personal Achievement and Community Spirit plus a Cash Bursary to one female and one male student at a Leduc elementary school. The award is rotated to a different school each year and school staff select the recipients, from any Grade, based on criteria stated in the Certificate:
The student recipient is one who:
* Displays initiative, scholastic effort and academic achievement
* Demonstrates respect for school rules and the rights of others
* Promotes friendship among all students and staff
* Shows a willingness to be involved in school or community activities and events
* Has a respect for self, respect for others and is responsible for personal actions
Receiving awards were: The 2013 female recipient (in Grade 6) receives the award from Optimist member Denise.
and Optimist member Ray presents the award to the 2013 male recipient (in Grade 1).
Congratulations to the two deserving award recipients who were selected from a list of worthy nominees put forward by school staff members. The club hopes this type of incentive for effort, achievement and concern for others will spur on students to higher goals and promising futures.