Upcoming events: JEDI Lunch & Learn – Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:30 am – 1:00 pm High School Cafeteria Cost $10 Speaker, Kristen Cumming, Work Force Development Consultant & Instructor @ University of Alberta.
Chamber Lunch & Learn -Monday, February 3, 2013 11:45 am – 1:00 pm Craig Kerridge, Financial Advisor with ATB Investor Services Chamber Office, Lunch Provided.
Learn how to invest your money wisely whether an RRSP or other financial investments.
Chamber Annual AGM, Tuesday, March 25, 2013 – 9:45 am – 2:00 pm. Breakout Sessions, Lunch and a Keynote Presentation : Leadership Attitude by Kevin Burns, Zero Speak.
Change vs Moving Forward
The Chamber is anticipating a year of success and has chosen a brand of ‘moving forward’ as they believe there is less resistance in moving forward then making change. Moving forward:
• developed a new Strategic Plan for 2014-2016.
• added new benefits and opportunities for our members.
• have looked at the Chamber events and are moving them forward to be bigger and better.
• to build better relationships and advocacy with our members, the business community, the city and county.
• the monthly business luncheons will now be held bi-monthly.
• is offering bi-monthly Lunch & Learns that will help you as our members to gain more insight from personnel learning to business learning opportunities. These are one hour sessions, with lunch provided.
• a new Business Awards program and campaign will be launched at the Annual Chamber AGM March 25, 2014. We are excited to get this program underway with a year round marketing campaign, showcasing the NEW Brand, a NEW nomination criteria, NEW category selection, and a NEW sponsorship program.
• the annual Pioneer Days, is taking on a new name “Wetaskiwin Summer Festival” With the revitalization of our main street and the opportunity to hosts events and festival in the area, this is the opportune time to look at new and exciting ideas to revitalize this event.
• Chamber Website – Launch February 10, 2014. With a new look, a complete and up to date member directory, detailed information on chamber & community events, the ability to register online for our luncheons and events. The most up to date chamber news and along a new advertising campaign for the members.
• Annual Trade Fair is being extended to three (3) April 11th to 13th.
Tasting Wetaskiwin is a new component of the Fair. Restaurants, eateries and caterers are given the opportunity to showcase their businesses and attendees can sample the best appetizers, favorite desserts, or best sellers. An information session about this opportunity will be held on January 30, 2014 from 2:00 -4:30 pm at the Chamber office.
Increasing The Agricultural Presence at the Trade Fair – This is an opportunity to showcase the latest equipment, tools, feed and landscaping necessities. Those who are interested, are invited to attend the information session on January 28, from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
Trade Fair Stage – Whether it is a dance group, or the latest gadget, the newest ideas in home décor or gardening the Chamber invites exhibitors to take the stage at a specified time.
Exhibitor packages will be available February 5, 2014 at the Chamber Office or on are new website at www.wetaskiwinchamber.ca (to be launched February 10, 2014) to download the exhibitor package
‘How The West Was One’
This unique western themed event will be a great team building event for businesses and organizations. Book a corporate table and bring along staff, spouses, suppliers and business colleagues. Tickets ($55 per person, $500/table of 10) available at the Wetaskiwin & District Chamber of Commerce.
•Wetaskiwin Community Transportation Tel: 780 312 7433
•Daltin’s Donairs & Rice Bowls Tel: 780 352 2483
•Mickey’s Flowers Tel: 780 352 4514
•Cedar Ridge Dental Tel: 780 352 5076
•Sweetly Twisted Tel: 780 368 3008