Wetaskiwin A&W partners with Mealshare. Shaela Dansereau/ Pipestone Flyer.

Wetaskiwin A&W partners with Mealshare. Shaela Dansereau/ Pipestone Flyer.

Wetaskiwin A&W partners with Mealshare

Every Monday will be Mealshare Monday at A&W; $1 from menu item donated.

Wetaskiwin A&W is one of 1,000 A&W locations across Canada partnering with Mealshare.

Mealshare is a Canadian organization that has the goal of ending youth hunger.

A&W’s partnership with Mealshare began this February as they rolled out their Mealshare Mondays. On Mealshare Mondays every time you purchase the Mealshare menu item $1 automatically goes towards the Mealshare program.

For the Wetaksiwin A&W February’s Mealshare item was the cheddar bacon uncle burger. There will be a board in the drive through updated every month with the Mealshare item.

80 per cent of the Mealshare funds raised at the Wetaskiwin A&W will go to the Wetaskiwin Boys and Girls Club. The other 20 per cent goes to the Save the Children Fund.

“The majority of the funds that we raise are staying in Wetaskiwin,” says Wetaskiwin A&W’s manager Colleen Kruger.

Besides Mealshare Mondays, customers can round up their order total or donate what ever they like to go towards the Mealshare program and Wetaskiwin Boys and Girls Club any day of the week.

A&W’s goal for 2021 is to raise $1.25 million, which on average would mean that every A&W restaurant would provide more than 1,000 meals for kids.

Kruger says that she wants to make Wetaskiwin’s A&W one of the top fundraisers across Canada. She says so far the program has been going very good.

“Our goal is to really help out the youth in Wetaskiwin,” says Kruger.



shaela.dansereau@pipestoneflyer.ca

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

 

Wetaskiwin A&W partners with Mealshare. Shaela Dansereau/ Pipestone Flyer.

Wetaskiwin A&W partners with Mealshare. Shaela Dansereau/ Pipestone Flyer.