Leduc RCMP are currently responding to a vehicle in the ditch on Highway 2 south. Due to weather conditions, roads in and around Leduc including highways are icy due to recent snowfall, blowing snow and reduced visibility.
Leduc RCMP are advising motorists to slow down and adjust their driving due to poor road conditions.
RCMP suggest the following tips to drivers for incoming and ongoing weather conditions:
• Ensure all windows, side mirrors and lights are properly and completely cleared of snow;
• Help others see you, make sure your lights are turned on;
• Reduce your speed and give yourself more time to slow and stop;
• Listen to the radio for updated road and weather reports;
• Plan extra time to get to your destination;
• Be prepared for changing road and weather conditions. Pack blankets or a winter survival kit, especially if you are planning a trip outside of town.