The Manluk Centre: Wetaskiwin Regional Aquatics & Fitness has officially re-opened to the public. The facility had been closed since May 7, 2021 due to provincial COVID-19 health restrictions.
Public swimming, aquafit and fitness classes are all available to the public as of June 14, 2021. Currently, private bookings are not offered at the Manluk Centre although they were a service offered during the shutdown to City and County of Wetaskiwin residents as a way to allow individuals to access the facility while adhering to Alberta Health Services protocols.
“We’re thrilled that we can now re-open our much-loved aquatics and fitness facility due to the loosening of provincial restrictions,” stated Paul Edginton, General Manager of Community and Protective Services.
“This reopening adheres to current health protocols, including maintaining one-third capacity, with visitors required to wear masks in public spaces and to stay home when feeling ill.”
While using the Manluk Centre, patrons are encouraged to stay three metres away from others not in their family, or individual household, and are asked to arrive no more that 10 minutes before their program time. Swimmers will be permitted into the change rooms five minutes before their swim and screening as well as contact tracing information will be recorded for AHS upon arrival.
As of June 14, the following programs and services will be available at the Manluk Centre:
• Public swimming weekdays from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tuesdays and Thursdays public swimming will be available 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Family swim times are scheduled from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
• Water slides will be open for the afternoon and evening sessions.
• Registered aquatic programs include shallow water aquafit, deep-water aquatfit, and Stretch ‘n Move in the leisure pool.
• Other activities include lane swimming, school sessions and swim club.
• Fitness centre drop-in is available from 6 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays, with morning and afternoon weekend sessions also available.
A limited number of washrooms, showers, and lockers will be available so patrons are encouraged to come dressed in their swimsuits or workout gear and to shower at home.