This week the Government of Alberta implemented measures to help bend the curve on rising COVID-19 cases across the province. Some of these mandates have impacted the services provided by the City of Wetaskiwin.
Starting Nov. 27, 2020 the reductions to public services will include:
• Arenas: Closed Nov. 27, 2020 until further notice. The closure applies to all ice activities including minor hockey, figure skating, pond hockey, Icemen, adult users, and public skating.
• Drill Hall: closed November 27 until further notice. Hosting of events including roller derby, Cadets, basketball, school bookings and private rentals will be discontinued.
• Manluk Centre: Swimming lessons, aquafit classes and Orcas Lifesaving Club are all cancelled until further notice. The pool will remain open during regular hours for lane swim, public swim and related activities. The gym will continue to operate normally, except for fitness classes which have been cancelled until further notice. Gym equipment has been spaced appropriately and stringent health protocols are being followed.
• By the Lake Park: No event bookings will be scheduled at By-The-Lake park hall until further notice. Some rentals will be cancelled.
• Memorial Arts Centre: With the exception of Warmth & Wishes, no event bookings will be scheduled at Memorial Arts Centre until further notice.
The Festival of Trees at the Manluk Centre will still be running as planned. The event will take place from December 9-31, 2020 and a winning tree will be chosen on Dec. 21, 2020.