Wetaskiwin RCMP Crime Reduction Unit (CRU) began an investigation into drug trafficking at a residence within the City of Wetaskiwin on Nov.13, 2020. On Nov. 20, 2020, members of the Wetaskiwin RCMP CRU, General Investigative Section (GIS), and Maskwacis RCMP GIS Members executed a search warrant at a residence within the City of Wetaskiwin where police located and seized:
• 65.2g of Methamphetamine;
• 22.5g of Fentanyl;
• 4.0g of Cocaine;
• 0.7g of Carfentanyl;
• 30 Lorazepa, pills;
• 0.300 rifle;
• Multiple rounds of ammunition.
The estimated street value of the drugs seized was approximately $2,400. Throughout the investigation it was learned that the suspect was also involved in drug trafficking at a residence within the communities of Maskwacis.
39-year-old male, Wayne Wiebe, from Wetaskiwin, Alta. has been charged with 21 criminal code offences:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking (x4);
• Possession of property obtained by crime for the purpose of trafficking;
• Possession of a firearm or prohibited weapon while unauthorized (x3)
• Possession of a prohibited weapon while in a motor vehicle;
• Carrying a concealed weapon;
• Fail to comply with a weapons prohibition (x8)
• Fail to comply with a release order (x3).
Wiebe was brought for a Judicial Interim Release hearing and was remanded into custody. He is scheduled to appear in Wetaskiwin Provincial Court on Tuesday Nov.24, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.