On March 8, 2022, after an investigation into drug trafficking Wetaskiwin RCMP Crime Reduction Unit along with the Wetaskiwin RCMP detachment have executed sear warrants at 3 separate residences in and near Wetaskiwin, Alta.
As a result of the searches RCMP have seized:
• A prohibited taser;
• A stolen handgun;
• A stolen snowmobile;
• Canadian currency believed to be proceeds of crime;
• Small amounts of suspected cocaine, methamphetamine, and fentanyl.
RCMP arrested multiple individuals on outstanding warrants and continue to investigate.
As a result of the investigation, RCMP have charged Stanley Victor Keith Howse, 49, from Wetaskiwin County with:
• Possession of property obtained by crime (x2);
• Possession of weapon obtained by crime;
• Unsafe storage of firearms (x2);
• Possession of a prohibited weapon (x2);
• Possession of a weapon contrary to order (x4).
Howse has been released from custody with his next court appearance scheduled for April 7, 2022, at Wetaskiwin Provincial Court.