Kick off summer vacation June 28 when the Wetaskiwin Mall hosts its inaugural End of School Bash!
“With school wrapping up the day before, and summer camps and activities not getting started until the next week, this was a way to bring kids and families together for a day full of fun,” says Brandy Pfeil, Promotions Coordinator for the Westaskiwin Mall.
The first full day of summer vacation kicks off at 10:30 a.m. with activities continuing right through 6 p.m. Here’s a look at what’s happening:
- Free fun: Festivities include a host of activities, including indoor carnival games, crafts, face-painting and prizes – free for all ages.
- Splash down: Local notables will make a splash at the charity dunk tank – $3 will get you five throws – all in support of two local charities, Guardians of the Children and the Prom Project.
- Pedal power: The Wetaskiwin branch of the Guardians of the Children, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about the steps to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child abuse, will also get things rolling on a Bike Rodeo. “Bring along your bike and helmet, and come practice the rules of road with mom and dad before you head out on those summer adventures,” Pfeil says.
- Enter to win: Now that you’ve practiced your biking basics, enter to win one of two new bikes that will be given away, along with a variety of smaller draws through the day.
- BBQ greats: The Guardians will also host a barbecue from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., with the option of a burger or hot dog and a pop for just $5, with all proceeds going to the local charity.
“It’s going to be a lot of fun with things to keep kids and families busy and entertained,” Pfeil says.
Mark your calendars for the End of School Bash, from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. June 28 at the Wetaskwin Mall. See you there!