Do you have an idea for a terrific event or project that would benefit the community? The City of Wetaskiwin may have a grant for that!
Applications are currently being accepted for Wetaskiwin’s Community Grant Program, which offers grants to local non-profits and community organizations to help with operating expenses and the cost of delivering events, projects, programs and initiatives that benefit residents and the local community.
The grants are offered twice each year, and the deadline to apply for spring and summer grants is 10 a.m., Monday, April 1.
“The Community Grant Program is designed to increase and improve community engagement, inclusion and programming as well as increase community pride,” explains Natasha Grant, Recreation Program Supervisor with the City of Wetaskiwin. “We look forward to seeing all the great ideas people have for the coming year!”
Grants of between $500 and $10,000 are available to fund:
- both operating costs and one-time initiatives of community organizations
- one-time projects that enhance community safety
- events primarily designed for the general population that attract visitors, significantly contribute to the local economy, promote volunteerism and value added to Wetaskiwin
It’s important to note that the program is competitive and eligibility does not guarantee funding, the City notes. Requests may be approved in full, in part, or not at all, with grants awarded based on the number of eligible applicants and available funding in a given year.
For successful applicants, 80 per cent of the approved amount will be disbursed upon approval, with the remaining 20 per cent provided upon project completion, project assessment and final reporting (projects must be completed within 12 months).
Find the 2024 Community Grant Application Guide here and note that individual grant requests must be submitted for each project.
Once applications have been reviewed, a City staff member will connect with all applicants – regardless of outcome – by late April or early May for the spring intake. The fall grant deadline is Oct. 1.
Community members are welcome to review eligibility requirements with City staff before submitting their grant application – simply reach out before the application deadline. To learn more, visit wetaskiwin.ca/Grants, call the City at