Thursday, February 17, 2011
Vol 15. Issue 7, Leduc – Wetaskiwin Pipestone Flyer
On January 26th, 2011 at approximately 9:00 p.m., an off duty member with the Leduc RCMP recognized a women in the parking lot of Money Mart who had outstanding warrant for failing to appear in Leduc Provincial Court earlier in the same day.
The Leduc RCMP were notified and marked units attended the location, arrested the female and took her into police custody. A search of the females belongings was done incidental to her arrest. Amongst her belongings, police located numerous personal documents, altered documents as well as photo identification belonging to other individuals.
Some of the personal documents and identification was confirmed to have been in a vehicle that was reported stolen out of Edmonton on March of 2010. It is believed that the female arrested by RCMP has been using these documents and identification to fraudulently obtain money from various financial institutions in the Leduc Region and throughout the greater Edmonton area.
Arlene Marie JONES, 36 yrs of age from Calmar, AB is facing the following charges:
- Utter a Forged Document (x15)
- Personation With Intent (x 3)
- Falsification of Documents (x3)
- Falsify Employment Record (x3)
- Possession of Identity Document Belonging to Another (x10)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000.00 (x4)
- Alter Documents (x3)
- Possession of Identity Document Belonging to Another With Intent to Commit Indictable Offence (x14)
JONES was brought before a Justice however she did not speak to her release and was remanded into custody. Her next appearance in Leduc Provincial Court is scheduled for February 24th, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.