Vol. 15, Issue 4, The Leduc-Wetaskiwin Pipestone Flyer
The Wizard Lake Area Structure Plan (ASP) is a long range, 25-year plan that came into effect on July 22, 2010, and in September, Leduc County Council adopted a Land Use Bylaw (LUB) amendment that created the Districts and Regulations that are required for Wizard Lake ASP implementation.
The Plan is a strategic framework for managing growth and future land uses around the lake, also addressing issues such as:
- protection of parks and open space,
- protection of environmentally sensitive areas and agricultural land,
- connectivity of the natural spaces and trails,
- recreational access and linkages,
- passive and active recreation opportunities,
- integrated water and waste water management,
- servicing standards appropriate for the use intended, and
- transportation systems and possible improvements.
Leduc County has requested a review of four areas of concern subsequent to the adoption of the above noted ASP and LUB Amendments:
- Secondary Dwellings.
- Top of Bank Determination.
- Riparian Setback Matrix Model (relating to property redevelopment).
- Setback from Municipal Road.
A meeting set for January 31, with the purpose of meeting with area residents regarding the noted concerns. Comments, opinions, and feedback will be reviewed and recommended amendments will be presented to Leduc County Council. Matters of concern other than the above noted will not be open to discussion at this meeting, but can be brought forward through other processes.
A Public Hearing will be held at which time public presentations can be made, after which proposed revisions to the Area Structure Plan and Land Use Bylaw would be presented to Leduc County Council for consideration. Preceeding the formal process for amendments to the ASP and LUB, the County of Leduc is presenting the four issues of concern at an resident meeting where information boards will be posted for viewing and discussing with Staff. The County will request that the feedback on the four issues be provided to Leduc County no later than February 7.
The meeting date will take place on January 31 at the Calmar Legion Hall (4815-47 Street) from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. For more information, contact D’Anne O’Keefe, Manager of Current Planning, at 780-955-4536, or email at email@example.com.