Leduc RCMP responded to a call reporting a possible impaired driver on Highway 2A in the area of Kavanagh, Alta., March 28, 2021 at approximately 9:05 p.m.
RCMP initiated a pursuit of the driver and two tire deflation devices were deployed successfully and the pursuit ended a short time later for public safety.
The vehicle was located where it had stopped on the shoulder of Highway 2 and police arrested the male driver without further incident.
As a result of the investigation Leduc RCMP seized a loaded 9mm hand gun, three rifles determined to be stolen out of Camrose, Alta., and approximately 11 grams of methamphetamine.
The driver of the vehicle, Eliljah Strawberry, 24, of Edmonton was charged with 26 offences including:
• Operate motor vehicle while prohibited;
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000;
• Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle;
• Flight from a peace officer;
• Operate motor vehicle while impaired;
• Failing to comply with probation condition;
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm x4;
• Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle x4;
• Possession of break-in instruments.
Strawberry has been remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear in Leduc Provincial Court on April 8, 2021.