Thorsby – Thorsby RCMP took custody of a 35-year-old man in Victoria, BC last week who was returned to Alberta to deal with numerous outstanding warrants from multiple jurisdictions (Banff, Calgary and Thorsby).
Peter Nicholas Kemp is charged with:
· Three counts of Fraud over $5,000
· One count of Fraud under $5,000
· One count of Common Assault
· Three counts of Fail to Comply with Probation
· Two counts of Fail to Attend Court
· Twenty-two counts of Breach of Recognizance
· Failing to Have Motor Vehicle Insurance
These offences were alleged to have taken place in Alberta between April 2014 and June 26, 2015. As a result of the collaborative efforts of West Shore RCMP in BC and Thorsby RCMP in Alberta throughout the investigation, Peter Kemp was located and arrested in Victoria, BC without incident on June 29, 2015 and transported back to Alberta.
Kemp is currently being held in custody until the matter is spoken to on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 in Breton Provincial Court.