Two men and facing a number of charegs related to break and enters in the Wetaskiwin region.
According to Wetaskiwin RCMP spokesperson Cst. Shaun Marchand in an Oct. 11 press release, “On September 19th, 2019 Rainbow Saddleback, 33, of Maskwacis, AB is alleged to have been found in possession of a stolen vehicle and a firearm.
“He was brought before the courts for a bail hearing and released from custody. On September 22nd, 2019 a local business in the City of Wetaskiwin was broken into and several items were stolen.
On September 23rd, 2019 Saddleback and a second male, Riel Cardinal (47) of Wetaskiwin, AB are alleged to have attempted to pawn four ATV tires which were stolen from the September 22nd break and enter.
“On October 8th, 2019 Saddleback was arrested for the incident involving the ATV tires. He was then alleged to have been found to be in possession of a bicycle and a chainsaw stolen from a different break and enter committed only hours before.
“Further investigation found Saddleback was alleged to be in possession of a stolen motorized mini bike which had also been stolen from another break and enter committed some time within the previous two weeks.
“As a result of the thorough investigations commenced over the previous three weeks,
Rainbow Saddleback, 33, of Maskwacis has been charged with the following offences:
· Possession of property obtained by crime for the purpose of trafficking under $5,000 x2
· Breaking and entering an committing theft
· Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 x2
· Possession of a firearm/ammunition/weapon contrary to order x3
· Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
· Possession of a prohibited weapon in a motor vehicle
· Possession of a firearm/prohibited weapon knowing the possession is unauthorized
· Carry a concealed firearm
· Carry a concealed prohibited weapon
· Unsafe storage of a firearm
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
“Riel Cardinal, 47, of Wetaskiwin has also been charged with the following:
· Possession of property obtained by crime for the purpose of trafficking under $5000
· Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
· Fail to comply with an undertaking
“All accused were brought before a Justice of the Peace. Rainbow Saddleback was remanded and is scheduled to appear in court October 17, 2019. Riel Cardinal was initially remanded for Court for October 10, 2019 and then released and his next scheduled court appearance is October 17, 2019.
“If anyone has information regarding these suspects, they are asked to contact the Wetaskiwin RCMP Detachment at 780-312-7267 or their local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.”