Submitted by RCMP
RCMP would like to remind trick or treaters, and their parents of a few tips for a safe evening of candy collecting.
Trick or Treaters should:
- Carry a flashlight so you can see where you are going.
- Stay on the sidewalks.
- Stay on one side of the road until you can cross safely at a crosswalk.
- Don’t cut across yards or driveways.
- Travel with a group of friends if mature enough to be out unsupervised, and stay in familiar neighborhoods.
- Ensure your costume has reflective pieces, so that you are easily visible to traffic.
- Ensure your mask does not impair your vision or hearing. Consider wearing makeup instead of a mask.
- Dress warm enough for the weather.
- Never enter a stranger’s house.
- Have all candy checked by an adult if you have any allergies, and to confirm it was not tampered with.
- Ensure your house is well lit.
- Keep pets indoors and away from trick-or-treaters.
- Keep walkways obstacle free
- Report any suspicious activities to the police.
- Drive sober
- Avoid residential areas while trick or treaters are out.
- Slow down and watch for children that may be using cross walks or on the road.
- Do not drive while wearing costumes that could impede your vision, hearing, or ability to drive properly.