Breton RCMP are seeking the public’s help in an ongoing investigation, to return six stolen horses to their home in the Winfield area.
During the night of Dec. 6, unknown person(s) entered a property along Highway 13 between Buck Lake and Winfield.
Tire tracks at the scene indicate a truck and trailer were used to load the six horses and haul them away.
The animals were discovered to have been taken the following morning by the owners.
“These horses are like family to their owners,” says RCMP Corporal Curtis Peters. “They are devastated by this. It’s our hope that they can be returned safe and sound as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information on this theft is asked to contact the Breton RCMP at 780-696-3502. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS.
The animals are described as:
1. Socorro – 2006, all grey Hanoverian gelding, 16.3 hands high (hh), Hanoverian brand on back left hip, scar on back right leg
2. Peppy – 2001, red dun Quarter Horse gelding, white blaze on face, 14.2 hh, brand on front left shoulder
3. Willard – 2001, red roan Quarter Horse gelding, 16 hh, brand on front left shoulder, wide white blaze on face, three white stockings on front right and both back legs
4. Solstice – 2009, chestnut Hanoverian mare, 16 hh four white socks, half stripe and star on face
5. Buddy – 2010, all grey Quarter Horse gelding, 15 hh
6. Zoro – 2008, bay Quarter Horse gelding 14.2 hh with a scar on his back left leg