Vision Credit Union is proud to announce that it has received the 2018 Credit Union of the Year award. This honour, bestowed by their peers at the Credit Unions of Alberta, is based on financial performance, community support, innovation and business accomplishments.
“We’re honoured to have been selected for this award. We know that as a credit union, when we succeed, it means that we’re serving our members well,” says Steve Friend, Chief Executive officer of Vision Credit Union. “Members are our focus, always.”
Vision received top scores for all of the financial performance categories for our group, with the following key achievements tipping the scales in their favour:
• Service innovations for members: Vision continually upgrades services to members. In 2018, Vision launched a fast, secure and free tool that lets members move recurring payments and direct deposits to a new account.
• Community connections: Vision is a strong community builder year-round, supporting local families in need through initiatives such as Habitat for Humanity sponsorships and holiday food hamper deliveries. In 2018, Vision donated $100,000 to STARS Air Ambulance.
• Financial performance: Vision has demonstrated strong financial progress. In 2018, Vision exceeded $1 billion in assets for the first time.
In addition to Credit Union of the Year award, Vision also received awards for growth. These include:
• Best Loan and Deposit Growth (year over year) – Vision with 5.92 per cent
• Best Return on Assets (ROA) Growth (year over year) – Vision with 0.17 per cent
• Best Return on Assets ROA (three year average) – Vision with 1.56 per cent
Vision is honored to be recognized for these achievements, and proud to serve members and the central and northern Alberta communities we call home.
-Submitted by Paulette Robinson, Vision Credit Union