Submitted by Cst. S.T. Marchand
Wetaskiwin RCMP have arrested a male after a targeted home invasion and assault with an imitation firearm in the Poplar Grove neighbourhood on March 29th .
RCMP responded to the report of a home invasion at 8:46 pm on March 29, in which a known male had entered a home in the area of 38 Avenue and 54 Street, where he shot the female resident with a hand pellet gun and then assaulted her. The victim sustained a number of non-life-threatening injuries, and the pellet gun was discharged inside the residence. The victim and suspect are known to each other. RCMP responded immediately and the suspect left on foot just before police arrived, but was located a short distance away from the residence where he fled on foot from police. The suspect resisted arrest and attempted to punch an RCMP officer. The RCMP officer was not injured. The pellet gun was later recovered where suspect had dropped it.
25 year old Lawrence QUINNEY of Saddle Lake, Alberta faces the following charges:
- · Criminal Code 267(b) – Assault with weapon
- · Criminal Code 88(1) – Possess a weapon
- · Criminal Code 348(1)(a) – Break and enter with intent
- · Criminal Code 145(3) X 3 – Fail to comply with Undertaking
- · Criminal Code 266 – Assault
- · Criminal Code 733.1(1) – Fail to comply with Probation order
- · Criminal Code 129)a) – Resisting Arrest
- · Criminal Code 270(2) – Assault on a Peace officer
QUINNEY will appear in Alberta Provincial Court in Wetaskiwin on April 4 at 9:30 am.