On March 6th, 2018 the Wetaskiwin Crime Reduction Unit was conducting proactive patrols in reported crime hotspots in Wetaskiwin. During the patrols a suspicious vehicle was observed. The Crime Reduction Unit conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle and as a result of further investigation, two males were arrested and charged.
Tyler Pluim (27) of Wetaskiwin Alberta was charged with the following offences:
· Possession for the purpose of trafficking (X3).
· Fail to comply with Recognizance (X4).
· At the time of his arrest, Pluim was wanted on several outstanding warrants out of Wetaskiwin.
He was remanded into custody and will appear in Wetaskiwin Court on March 13th, 2018.
A search of the vehicle yielded the seizure of an air soft gun, brass knuckles, a shank and bear spray.
Cody Warren (27) of Wetaskiwin Alberta was charged with the following offences:
· Possession of Weapon for dangerous purpose X2
· Weapons Possession contrary to Order X2
· Unauthorized Possession of firearm/prohibited or restricted weapon.
He was released on his own recognizance to appear in court on March 29th, 2018.
Intelligence gathering is a key pillar to crime reduction. Wetaskiwin RCMP members gather intelligence, utilize local knowledge and consider historical and current trends when assigning resources to target issues within our communities.