Environment Canada has issued a freezing rain warning for areas of central Alberta Jan. 12, 2021.
The system moving into central Alberta tonight is expected to bring freezing rain overnight and to end late Wednesday morning. Areas included in the warning are:
• Beaver Co. near Holden and Ryley
• Beaver Co. near Tofield
• Camrose Co. near Bawlf and Rosalind
• Camrose Co. near Camrose and Bittern Lake
• Camrose Co. near Hay Lakes and Miquelon Lake Prov. Park
• Camrose Co. near New Norway Edberg and Ferintosh
• Co. of Wetaskiwin near Wetaskiwin Millet and Hwy 2
• Flagstaff Co. near Daysland Heisler and Strome
• Leduc Co. near Leduc Beaumont and Kavanagh
• Leduc Co. near New Sarepta and Rolly View
• Strathcona Co. near Ardrossan and Cooking Lake
Environment Canada is warning residents of the areas set to receive the freezing rain to be prepared to adjust their driving with the changing road conditions as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery.