Maskwacis, Alta. – At approximately 04:30 a.m. on September 1, 2020, the Maskwacis RCMP responded to the Samson Cree Nation townsite in response to a firearm complaint. During the course of the investigation, the Maskwacis RCMP obtained a search warrant for a nearby residence and the RCMP Emergency Response Team (ERT) was engaged to assist in executing the search warrant.
During the search of the residence, a firearm was located and 24-year-old Ray Buffalo of the Samson Cree Nation was charged with the following offences:
· Sec. 87(1) CC – Pointing firearm
· Sec. 88(1) CC – Possession of weapon dangerous to public peace
· Sec. 91(1) CC – Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Sec. 86(1) CC – Careless storage of a firearm
· Sec. 145(5)(a) CC – Breach of release order
Further investigation into this incident is ongoing.
-Submitted by Maskwacis RCMP