Santa and his helpers might be busy getting ready for the big day, but they still have time to spend a few extra days in Wetaskiwin this season!
In fact, there are two full weeks of seasonal celebrations coming up at the Wetaskiwin Mall, including free photos with Santa, a toy drive, artisan market and more – check it out:
- Ho, Ho, Whole lot of fun – Building on last year’s visit, Santa will be on hand at the Wetaskiwin Mall for close to two weeks in all, with morning, afternoon and evening times, including a variety of times the week before Christmas. Visit from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 22 when the first 250+ children will receive a gift following their visit.
- Capture the moment – New this year, the mall has purchased a photo printer, and is offering one free printed photo per family, says Brandy Pfeil, Mall Promotions Coordinator. Additional photos will be available by donation to the Toy Drive.
- Artisan market – In addition to your regular mall favourites, visit the 20+ vendors in the artisan marketplace to find the perfect last-minute gifts for the special someones on your list. With everything from Tupperware and treats for foodies to handmade wooden toys, Christmas decorations and jewellery, “if you can imagine seeing it at a regular market, we’ll have it!” Pfeil says. Visit between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m., then finish your shopping in the mall until 9 p.m.
- The Tender Hearts Toy Drive – Help put a toy under every tree with a donation of new or gently used toys to the mall’s Tender Hearts Toy Drive through Dec. 16. “We want to make sure all the kids get something special for the holidays,” Pfeil says. Find the donation bin in the Mall at Hidden Treasure.
- Wrap it up! – Streamline your holiday to-do list by bringing your gifts to Hidden Treasure for wrapping. In exchange for a donation to the MS Society, the team will look after the wrapping for you, leaving you more time for that visit with Santa!