If a new you is on your to-do list this new year, you’re in luck!
It’s estimated that establishing a healthy new habit, such as exercise, nutrition or meditation, takes between two and three months. Thanks to the health-minded businesses at the Wetaskiwin Mall, committing to your new routine – and sticking with it – might be easier than ever.
Here are a few ways to celebrate a healthier you:
- Get the inside track on your fitness needs, establish a fitness and nutrition plan, and access a wide array of programs and equipment at Snap Fitness. Enjoy group classes, cardio and weight training machines, or learn with a personal trainer or nutrition consultant. Better yet, with the facility open 24/7, you can fit in your workout when it makes sense for you!
- To give your body what it needs to make the most of your workout, or simply to withstand winter cold and flu season, visit Vitality Health Foods, home to knowledgeable staff and an exceptional selection of supplements, vitamins, natural products and more.
- For all the gear you need to get and stay busy, visit Sport Chek. Keep track of your steps, flights climbed, heart rate and more with a fitness tracker, get the best shoes for your workout, or pick up the right gear for a new activity – after all, the new year can be a great time to try something … new! While looking after your own fitness, you can also support Sport Chek JumpStart program, giving kids from families in financial need the same chance to participate in sports and physical activity as their neighbours, classmates and friends, says Wetaskiwin Mall Promotions Coordinator Brandy Pfeil.
- For all athletes aiming to keep their eye on the ball, good eyesight is essential, and the family-run Vision Masters offers patients more than 25 years of experience in the optical field, including an optometrist with specialized education in the prevention of eye disease. In addition to specialized eyewear for everything from hockey to swimming, eye exams start as young as six months old, with Alberta Health covering exams for infants to age 19, and all those age 65 and older.
- Step lively into your fitness routine with the Mall Walkers program. Available during regular mall hours, the mall provides a year-round, weather-free boost to both your physical and mental wellness, out of the winter cold and the summer heat. Sign up for your Mall Walkers card at the Little Slice of Heaven bakery, then stop by the Bakery each Thursday to get it stamped. Complete every Thursday in the month and be entered to win a $100 Giant Tiger card! “Bring a friend or meet some new ones here as you check off your daily step goals,” Pfeil says.